DENTAL BASIC LIFE SUPPORT (DBLS)
This is a combined course of AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider and Dental Emergency. This Course provides introduction to medical emergencies in the dental office, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation. This course provides dental practitioners and dental care professionals with the knowledge and skills to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), basic airway management and the use of an AED, special emergency drugs and emergency edical equipments during medical emergency in dental office.
Course Duration: 2 days
- Chain of survival
- 1-rescuer CPR for adult, child, and infant
- 2-rescuers CPR for adult, child, and infant
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child, and infant
- Use of an AED for adult, child, and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway
- Rescue breathing for adult, child, and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child, and infant
- Medical emergencies at dental office
- Emergency drugs at dental office
- Management of oxygenation
- Reporting procedures
Upon completion of this course, students receive a Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider Course Completion Card from American Heart Association that is valid for two years.